- After a civil service test has been advertised, call the Mayor's Office at 937-548-1482 for a civil service application.
- Complete the application prior to the submission deadline set by the civil service commission.
- Take the civil service test given by the Civil Service Commission. The civil service test consists of 150 to 200 questions pertaining of general knowledge, mathematics, English, and reading comprehension.
- Perform physical ability test wearing full protective equipment.
- After passing both the civil service exam and physical ability test, you will undergo a psychological profile.
- Take part in a personal interview with selected fire personnel.
- Finally, selected candidates will have to undergo a series of physical exams by a physician.
All of the tests and procedures are subject to change to comply with current civil service commission regulations.