Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Unclaimed funds for the City of Greenville can be located
• Firefighter to Fire Lieutenant• Fire Lieutenant to Fire Captain• Fire Captain to Assistant Fire Chief• Assistant Fire Chief to Fire Chief
Promotions in the Department are based on Civil Service Testing.
• Palais Garden, Wayne Street, January 23, 1929 – one boy killed• Sherman-White Poultry Plant, December 12, 1932 – Firefighter George E. Grossman killed in the line of duty• Treaty Co. Foundry, Gray Avenue, July 14, 1941• Producer's Creamery, Gray Ave., March 6, 1947 – 3 killed, 1 injured• Cedar Point Auto Wrecking Co., 36 East, April 6, 1948• Fairgrounds Secretary's Office, December 3, 1949• Greenville Country Club, 36 East, January 30, 1951• Treaty Company, Gray Avenue, April 23, 1951• Fairgrounds Stock Pavilion, February 14, 1954• Fairgrounds Horse Barn, March 2, 1954• Hobart Brothers, Martin Street, December 4, 1957• Basil Grubbs, Hall Street, May 3, 1966• Darke County Tile Mill, Chestnut Street, August 13, 1976• Darke County Home, 127 South, August 13, 1976• Residential Fire, Martin and Warren Streets, February 14, 1991 – 4 Firefighters’ trapped and rescued via ladder• Residential Fire, 112 Montgomery Street, September 16, 2007 – 5 killed, 4 injured• Warehouse Fire, 126 West Third Street, July 16, 2010 – Arson fire, two person’s convicted
For non-emergency incidents, contact the City of Greenville’s Fire Department at 937-548-3040.
1. Where the fire is located.2. What is on fire.3. Who is in danger or trapped.4. Give brief details about the fire (example: odor, smoke, or flames).
1. The location of the sick or injured person.2. What the symptoms are of the injured or ill person.3. Does the person have a known history of illnesses?4. Does the person take medication?
1. The location of the accident scene.2. The number of injuries at the accident scene.3. Number of vehicles involved in the accident.4. Report a brief description of the vehicles.5. Report harmful hazards (gasoline leaks, chemical spills, and wires down).6. Witnesses should remain on the scene until the EMS unit and Greenville Police and Fire arrive.
Step1: ApplicationApplicants must be at least 18 years of age, a United States citizen, possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license, and possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. (at time of appointment). The Greenville Civil Service Commission will notify applicants of the time and place to report for your examinations.
Step 2: (Phase 1) Written Exam (Phase 2) Physical Capability TestingThe initial testing will be conducted under the direction of the Greenville Municipal Civil Service Commission. Those applicants who score sufficiently high enough will proceed to the next level.
Step 3: Background InvestigationA Personal History Questionnaire will be required from each candidate. Candidates also will sign waivers allowing the Background Officer to conduct an extensive background investigation. At this time, the candidate must submit a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Step 4: Oral InterviewThe candidate will be required to go before an Oral Interview Board consisting of Fire Department and Human Resources representatives.
Step 5: Medical/Stress EvaluationThis step will involve a physical examination including vision and cardiovascular stress tests. Candidates must be free of dependence and addiction to narcotics, alcohol or other controlled substances.
Step 6: AppointmentFirefighter candidate names will be submitted to the Safety/Service Director for final selection and appointment to the Greenville Fire Department. Fire candidates will be notified by letter of an appointment date to report to the Fire Department. Fire recruits will be required to successfully complete approximately three months of paid training when they enter the Greenville Fire Department. All trainees will be required to successfully complete a six month probation period from date of fire training certification.
Auxiliary Firefighter:The Greenville Fire Department also maintains a small force of Auxiliary Firefighters. Interested persons must hold a minimum of Ohio Volunteer Firefighter certification, successfully complete an interview, the physical ability test, background checks and a medical exam.
A comprehensive program is needed to:- Improve the water quality of local rivers and streams- Reduce flooding- Improve stormwater drainage- Ensure that the city is in compliance with tough, new regulations required by the U.S. EPA.
The residential rate will be used in the calculation for non-residential properties. In the calculation, the flat residential rate equals one “equivalent residential unit” or ERU. One ERU=2,800 sq. feet of hard surface (impervious) area.
Non-residential property owners will be charged based on the number of ERUs of hard surface on their property. For example, if a commercial property has three times as much hard surface area as the average residence (8,400 sq. feet or 3 ERUs), its stormwater charge would be three times the residential rate per month. The rate per ERU that has been approved by City Council is: $2.95 per month per ERU.
Stormwater also picks up a lot of things on its way to area streams and rivers – litter, road salt, lawn and garden chemicals and more. Backyard mechanics that drain oil, antifreeze or gas into the storm sewer pose a threat to the environment.
No shows cause service delays and denial of service to other clients as well as being costly. A no show is when a client does not cancel within a half-hour of the scheduled time or does not appear within 5 minutes of the vehicle’s arrival. These can result in a suspension of the client’s privileges until the no show rides are paid for. A copy of our no show policy is available upon request. Give us a call at 937-548-0437 for more information.
We receive no funding from the Darke County Commissioners and therefore the county rate is not subsidized. The rate for County service is $1.00 per mile from pick-up point to drop-off point, regardless if either the drop-off or pick-up is located in the Greenville City limits. County service is available Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm if a driver is available.
Packages and bags are welcome, however, they must be under the control of the passenger. The driver is under no obligation to assist in the loading or unloading of packages. Clients that require special assistance with their personal requirements may provide a personal care attendant to assist with personal special requirements. We suggest anyone with more shopping bags than can sit on their lap, use a personal shopping cart. For more information, please call 547-1811.
RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL MINIMUM BILL5/8-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $33.703/4-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $55.911-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $85.861 1/2-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $175.762-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $301.203-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $660.734-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $1,166.306-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $2,598.768-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $4,621.06
Any additional units above 10: $2.94 per unit
1 cu. ft. = 7.5 gal.10 cu. ft. = 75 gal.100 cu. ft. = 750 gal.100 cu. ft. = 1 billing unit
RESIDENTIAL MINIMUM BILL5/8-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $30.403/4-inch meter 0 - 23 billing units $69.921-inch meter 0 - 40 billing units $121.60
COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL MINIMUM BILL5/8-inch meter 0 - 10 billing units $30.403/4-inch meter 0 - 41 billing units $124.641-inch meter 0 - 73 billing units $221.921 1/2-inch meter 0 - 162 billing units $492.482-inch meter 0 - 368 billing units $1,118.723-inch meter 0 - 807 billing units $2,453.284-inch meter 0 - 1433 billing units $4,356.326-inch meter 0 - 2688 billing units $8,171.528-inch meter 0 - 4878 billing units $14,829.12
Any additional units above minimum: $3.04 per unit
TAP SIZE WATER FEE SEWER FEE3/4" $900.00 $1,350.001" $1,050.00 $1,575.001 1/2" $2,250.00 $3,375.002" $2,700.00 $4,050.004" $6,000.00 $9,000.006" $10,000.00 $15,000.008" $12,000.00 $18,000.0010" $16,000.00 $24,000.00
ADDT'L.UNITS $600.00 $900.00