Starting a Business

If you are locating in an existing structure or building new*:

From the CITY you will need:

From DARKE COUNTY you may need:

From the STATE you may need:

  • Structural, Electrical, and Heating & Cooling Inspections
    • Must contact prior to ANY structural, electrical, or heating & cooling alterations or change of occupancy/use group.
      • Miami County Department of Development
      • 510 W Water Street, Suite 120, Troy, OH 45373
      • Phone 937-440-8121 (Rob England)
      • Phone 937-547-7379 (Jason Cantrell or John Filby)
      • Safety & Hygiene Inspection
        • Dayton Regional Office, 800-962-7768

* If you are building a new structure, there will be additional approvals through the City of Greenville.